Garellano Tower – Anboto Dorrea
Bilbao, Spain. 2018-Ongoing
The Anboto Tower, located in the Garellano area in Bilbao, will be the last tower to be completed by the Garellano masterplan proposed by RSHP and luis vidal + architects in 2009. An unprecedented residential tower in Spain with a unique design that will be integrated between the city’s different modern and nineteenth-century urban fabrics. This tower will be the first residential building in the country for both the RSHP practice and for luis vidal + architects.
The tower will have a total height of 114 meters above ground level with 35 floors, making it the tallest residential building in the Basque Country and the second tallest in Bilbao, just behind the 165-meter Iberdrola office tower. The ground, first and second floors form the plinth of the building, with a total area of approximately 53,820 square feet, and will be intended for commercial use. The 322,917 square feet tower will house 32 floors with 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes with designs that maximize space and take advantage of every inch. However, each owner will be able to choose the finishes and modify the plan, so the results will be 166 unique homes made to measure.
A design for the commercial area will also be pre-established so that the building does not lose its identity and remains with a unique design over time. The design of the Anboto Tower enhances the use of natural light. The East and West façades are formed by curtain walls clad in aluminum in copper colors, present in the city, giving a particular aesthetic to the building due to its glare and reflections.
This residential tower revalues the entire area, providing the city with a unique architecture and image.
- Place/Date: Bilbao, Spain / 2018-Ongoing
- Client: Grupo Arrasate Taldea
- Architects: luis vidal + architects in association with RSHP
- Consultants: BAC (Engineering Consulting Group)
- Area: 507,000 sq. ft.
- Stage: Under construction
- Team: Bianca Amerini – Lucía de Molina – Jose Benito Fernández – Beatriz Fernández-Bermejo – Jugatx López Amurrio – Joaquín Maire – Carlos Peña – Patricia Quilez – Patricia Rojas – Ángel Ruiz – Gentaro Shimada – Óscar Torrejón – Luis Vidal