Parral Hospital – Maule Healthcare System
Parral, Maule Region, Chile. 2021-Ongoing
The Parral Hospital will serve 58,392 people from the Parral and Retiro communities, with an estimated area of 422,515 square feet. It will have the capacity for 121 beds, three pavilions, 22 consultation rooms, emergency care services, diagnostic and therapeutic support, and administrative and industrial support services to meet the demand for healthcare in the area.
The new Parral Hospital will be located on Route L-84, Camino a Catillo Nº 420, Commune of Parral, Maule Region. It corresponds to the Urban Expansion Zone ZE-2, according to the Community Regulatory Plan, in force since 1990, and allows the construction of health establishments.
The site has an area of 581,790 square feet, bordering to the Northeast with Villa Pilar Dos, Calle Dos and Camino Publico a Catillo. To the Southeast, with land owned by Graciela Concha Benavente. To the Southwest, with two plots, one owned by Sociedad Fuente Concha Limitada and the other by Graciela Concha Benavente. To the Northwest, with Calle Doctor Mario Mujica and Villa Pilar Dos.
The land is located 939 meters above sea level. Concerning the topography, it has a predominantly flat morphology and without noticeable differences in level.
Taking advantage of these conditions, the building is developed from North to South, organizing itself as a spine, integrating concepts of functional, operational and energy efficiency.
- Place/Date: Parral, Maule Region, Chile / 2021-Ongoing
- Client: Sociedad Concesionaria Red Maule – MOP Concesiones
- Architects: luis vidal + architects
- Area: 427,330 sq. ft.
- Budget: 67 M €
- Stage: Under construction
- Team: Alfredo Abarca – Constanza Astaburuaga – David Ávila – Juan Carlos Barros – Fernando Bello – Daniela Cáceres – Sebastián Cruz – Katherine Donoso – Natalia Espósito – Constanza Fernández – Mayra Ferruz – Hernán Gaete – Gonzalo Garrido – Alejandro González – Rocío González – Lucía Greco – Trinidad Hildebrandt – Consuelo Larrea – Claudia Leal – Macarena Márquez – Marcelo Miotto – Esteban Moreno – Óscar Olivares – Mariantonela Romano – Patricia Rojas – Daniela Saavedra – Jorge Sánchez – Óscar Torrejón – Daniela Vargas – Italo Veas – Luis Vidal – Francisca Virán – Nathaly Yamarte