La Laguna Model Education and Work Campus
Talca, Chile. 2017-Ongoing
In Panguilemo’s sector, located in the Comuna de Talca (10 km away from the city center), Maule Region, sits La Laguna, a Model Education and Labor Enclosure infrastructure.
The enclosure occupies a surface of 40 hectares and has been designed to assume a capacity of 1,852 inmates, with the possibility of expanding its capacity to 2,320 internees in procedural quality. It is intended for both imputed and convicted men and women.
The main goal of the enclosure is to reconcile the training and activities of the inmates with the maximum-security requirements established by the Gendarmería de Chile.
The accessibility to the different dependencies of people with disabilities is one of the project’s milestones and its outstanding adaptation to the needs of all the users that coexist in it, either interns, officials or visitors. The result is an enclosure that offers an optimal social response from an architectural point of view.
- Place/Date: Talca, Chile / 2017-Ongoing
- Client: Acciona Infraestructures – Chile Agency
- Architects: luis vidal + architects
- Consultants: Lynka Ingeniería / Schaad Ingeniería Estructural / Montoya Ingeniería / Arbolaria Paisajismo
- Area: 632,380 sq. ft.
- Stage: Built
- Team: David Ávila – Belén Carrillo – Sandra González – Trinidad Hildebrandt – Pablo Labra – Juan F. Letelier – Sara Moreno – Pilar Morell – Juan Rubio – Eduardo Sánchez – Encarnación Serna – Gabriel Sgorbini – Christian Slaughter – Óscar Torrejón – Luis Vidal